August 17th-5:00 p.m.
August 18th-6:30 p.m.
August 24th-5:00 p.m.
September 6th -2:00 p.m.
September 7th -2:00 p.m.
Ticket price -$15
The Community Space Theater
|Theater for the New City
155 First Avenue
(between 9th and 10th Streets)
New York, NY 10003
Telephone: (212) 254-1109
Fax: (212) 979-6570
To Come to THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY:
TNC is located at 155 1st Avenue, between East 9th and East 10th Streets.
Coming to TNC by Subway?
The closest Subway Stops to THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY are:
at Astor Place & Lafayette Street – Walk 3 blocks East to 1st Avenue.
at 1st Avenue and 14th Street.
at 8th Street and Broadway.
at 2nd Avenue and Houston Street.
at 14th Street/Union Square
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM PENN STATION OR THE PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERMINAL:
- Take the Downtown to 14th Street and 8th Avenue, then switch to the to 1st Avenue at 14th Street.
- Take the Downtown to 14th Street-Union Square and switch to the to Astor Place. Or just take the 6 directly.
- We recommend taking the Downtown or trains to 14th Street and switching to the to 1st Avenue at 14th Street.
- Another option is to take the or the trains to 14th Street, and switching to the to 1st Avenue at 14th Street.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM BROOKLYN:
- From Williamsburg, Bushwick or Canarsie, just take the to 1st Avenue at 14th Street.
- From Greenpoint, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Fort Greene or Clinton Hill, take the to Metropolitan Avenue, and switch to the to 1st Avenue at 14th Street.
- From Park Slope, Sunset Park or Borough Park, you can take the to 2nd Avenue and Houston Street. Another option is to take the train to Pacific Street/Atlantic Avenue, and switching to the to Union Square.
- From Coney Island, the quickest route is to take the from Stillwell Avenue directly to Union Square.
- From Sheepshead Bay, Kensington and Midwood, take the directly to Union Square.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM QUEENS:
- From Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona or Flushing, take the to Grand Central and switch to the or .
- From Astoria or Long Island City, take the to Union Square.
- From Elmhurst, Rego Park, Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica or Briarwood, take the to Lexington Avenue/53rd Street and switch to the , or take the to 14th Street and switch to the to 1st Avenue/14th Street.
- From Woodhaven, Richmond Hill or Jamaica, you can take the or to Essex Street and switch to the to 2nd Avenue and Houston Street.
- From Ozone Park, Howard Beach and the Rockaways, take the to 14th Street in Manhattan, or to Broadway/East New York in Brooklyn and switch to the to 1st Avenue/14th Street.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE BRONX:
- From Pelham Bay, Eastchester, Parkchester, Soundview or Hunts Point, take the directly to Astor Place.
- From Wakefield, Williamsbridge, Fordham or Bronx Park, take the to 14th Street and switch to the to 1st Avenue/14th Street.
- From Woodlawn, Norwood or the South Bronx, take the to Union Square.
- From Marble Hill or Riverdale, take the to 96th Street and switch to the Express to 14th Street and switch to the to 1st Avenue/14th Street.
Coming to TNC by BUS?
The closest Bus lines to THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY are the M15 and the M8. The Uptown M15 will stop at 1st Avenue between St. Marks Place and 9th Street, and the Downtown M15 will stop at 2nd Avenue and 9th Street (please note: The M15 +Select Bus Service does not stop at St. Marks Pl/9th Street)
The M8 bus stops at 1st Avenue on St Marks Place (Eastbound) and 9th Street(Westbound).
The M14 and M9 buses stop on 14th Street and 1st Avenue in both directions.
Additionally, The M101, M102 and M103 buses stop on 3rd Avenue at St. Marks Place in both directions.
Coming to TNC by CAR?
From UPPER MANHATTAN, THE BRONX and WESTCHESTER:
- Take the FDR Drive south to the 23rd Street exit. From there, take Avenue C south to 14th Street. Take 14th Street west to 2nd Avenue, 2nd Avenue south to 10th Street.
- From the West side of Manhattan, or the Northern Bronx or Westchester, take the Henry Hudson Parkway/12th Avenue south to West 10th Street, then take 10th Street east to 1st Avenue.
From NEW JERSEY:
- From the Lincoln Tunnel, take 9th Avenue south to 14th Street, then take 14th Street east to 2nd Avenue, then south on 2nd Avenue to 10th Street. An alternate route is 34th Street east to 2nd Avenue.
- From the Holland Tunnel, take Canal Street east to Allen Street, then take Allen Street North. Allen Street will become 1st Avenue at Houston Street.
- From The George Washington Bridge, proceed as if you were coming from The Bronx or Westchester.
From QUEENS and LONG ISLAND:
- From the Triborough Bridge, proceed as if you were coming from The Bronx or Westchester.
- From the 59th Street Bridge, take 60th or 62nd Streets east to York Avenue, then take York Avenue to 63rd Street where you can get on the FDR Drive Southbound. From there, take the FDR Drive south to the 23rd Street exit. From there, take Avenue C south to 11th Street.
- From the Queens Midtown Tunnel, exit towards 35th Street, take 35th Street to 2nd Avenue and take 2nd Avenue south to 10th Street.
- From the Williamsburg Bridge: Remain on Delancey Street off the bridge to Allen Street. Make a left turn onto Allen Street and take Allen Street/1st Avenue north to 10th Street.
- From the Manhattan Bridge, bear right off the Bridge onto Chrystie Street. Take Chrystie Street north to Houston Street. Make a Right onto Houston and go east to 1st Avenue. Take 1st Avenue north to 10th Street.
- From the Brooklyn Bridge or the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, take the FDR Drive north to the Houston Street exit, take Houston Street west to 1st Avenue, then 1st Avenue north to 10th Street (Note that from the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, you will have to turn left out of the tunnel onto West Street, and take the tunnel under Battery Park to the FDR Drive).
THE NEAREST PARKING LOTS TO THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY ARE LOCATED ON EAST 11TH STREET BETWEEN 1ST AND 2ND AVENUES, AND ON EAST 9TH STREET BETWEEN 2ND AND 3RD AVENUES.